Friday, October 18, 2013

Forgive Me

"Samastha aparadhangalum poruthu maappu nalkane"

I overhear this during my recent temple visit. This can be loosely translated to 'Exonerate my entire wickedness'. The Malayalam word for 'Fogive Me' also features in this line.

When I turn my head to the source of these lines... I was amazed.. it came from an old lady, probably a few years younger to my grandmother. She did not look like someone who would have sinned much. Yet... the emotions... the tone she used... or was it aura of the place we were at... something struck within me.... and...

Kavilamma walks towards me... rests her palm on my shoulders... her face glowing with her mile long & whispers into my ears..... This is how you plead for forgiveness.... she holds onto her mile long... squeezes my shoulders & walks back...... 

Picture Courtesy : feminspire.com

2 comments:

  1. Just reminded of quotes from ashtavakra gita commentry by sri sri.
    Kshama ,Forgiveness ( both forgiving others & oneself, ie forgiving oneself, not depending on others to forgive you ) is the basic qualification to progress in life.
    After forgiveness comes Arjava means sincerity. whatever you had forgiven for, be sincere in not to repeat the same mistake :)-

    From some of your blogs & chats i think you still have the feeling that you have made a mistake and looking for somebody to forgive you. Today was reading yoga vashitha beautifully it explains the process of making mistake , feeling guilty & getting punishment for it. There is a very simple way out of it.
    will explain whenever we meet, hopefully soon.



    this is for you, no need to publish it. :)-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I now know whose forgiveness I am in need of.... But it is going to be a rather long wait... Until then, I have to deal with things the way I can... to the best of my abilities... :-)

      Delete