Friday, June 21, 2013

Soorya Namaskaar Reloaded

She {chirpy & excited} : Why dont we do just soorya namaskaars today for the entire session? 

Her enthusiasm brushed on to others in the group. And that was how we decided to do only soorya namaskaars for 30mins. Having a fair idea of their endurance,  I did not want them to go any further, unless they were still upto it O:-)

I gave them a feel of the mantras when we started the practice.  We did a few sets of soorya namaskaars with manthras and a few with counts. And I asked them to pick the yardstick they are comfortable with - manthras or counts. And they picked the manthras.... :-)

I was just amazed on how everything fell in place when the manthras were chanted. Each manthras were long enough not only to help them get into a posture but also hold the posture for a while. It was just perfect for a well paced session for the day :-)

I dont know about them.. but I was thoroughly excited seeing it all happen. 

Picture Courtesy : www.astrogle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment