Tuesday, July 12, 2011

T. D. Dasan Std. VI B

This movie was suggested to me by a friend. This was a nice & warm movie. I haven't come across a review which doesn't give a 3 star rating, if not more, yet this movie did not complete 1 whole week in the theaters. I was amazed that Keralite audience didn't accept such a nice movie. Was it because there were no 'super' stars, no kids of 'stars', no stunts, no dance in the rain, etc????

I am not sure if its because I like watching such movies that I am finding it difficult to accept that the general public didn't like this movie to let it screen for more than a week. As circuit says, "Shuru hone se pehle hi khatham ho gaya" (it was all over even before it started).

All I can pray now is, let there be more rich people who has spare money to invest in such movies without worrying about its box-office response. As for me, I will try watch a non-pirated version of such movies and encourage my family to join me O:-)

Picture Courtesy : en.wikipedia.org

2 comments:

  1. I think it was lack of star power combined with lack of publicity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yipz .... audience not as adventurous as you are ... ;)

    ReplyDelete