Thursday, July 7, 2011

lost & having fun

My direction sense is world famous in my friends circle. The ever changing road rules in Bangalore has done nothing to help me either. And since there has always been the 'plan B' - ring someone if you sense a remote possibility for trouble - I have not taken any real effort to remember the routes. The bane & the boon of cell phone is that, you can connect to whoever & whenever. It has been a few weeks that I am running without a cell phone, not since my latest phone crash landed & was completely destroyed.

Yesterday, on my way back after meeting someone in the city, I lost my way ... twice ... in the same area =-O I was lost, in a strange place, started raining and it was getting dark. What amazed me was that I was not panicking and making backup plans for plan B. Instead, was thoroughly enjoying the situation I was in. Since there were no cell phones, I had to rely on myself to get out of the situation. I was able to enjoy the beautiful drive in the evening rain for a longer period of time ... :)

I was reminded of this comment I read somewhere ... "Why do girls need direction sense, we don't find it awkward to ask for directions" ... :)

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was you who said the famous words about girls and their lack of awkwardness to ask for directions. :)

    Appreciate if you would try out the "direction"al adventures in morning time and not when it is too late & dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @NC ... hee hee .... ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete