Friday, July 15, 2011

mommy moment

 One late evening, the phone rings.... Tringg! Tringg!

Me : Hello.
The other end : Helloooooo
Me {recognizing my niece's voice} : Hi baby .... how are you?
Niece : Is my sister there?
Me : Yes.
Niece : Can you handover the phone to her please?
Daughter : Hello Sister
Daughter : Okay ... hmmmm ... k .... hmmm ... hmmm ... welcome .... byeeeee

I was curious because this was the first time my daughter is having a 'quite' conversation with her sister! Normally, they have a high energy conversation - which includes a couple of screams. I asked my daughter what the call was about. Her answer was quite cryptic - "She wanted to say thanks because her teacher gave her 10 stars for her drawing in school". I was like .... "How wonderful!". But ... so?????? :-/

Next day, I got the complete story from my sis-in-law. My niece had drawn a picture which was inspired by one done by my daughter. Since my daughter was the main reason for scoring all those stars, my sil wanted my niece to thank my daughter.

Yea ... truly a proud mommy moment for me :D

Picture Courtesy : depositphotos.com

2 comments: