Friday, July 1, 2011

flyover constructions in bangalore

Every time I pass through a flyover construction in Bangalore, I am reminded of the mechanic v/s doctor joke. I have some sort of respect towards the people working on such projects. After all they are working with the 'engine' ON and an uncontrollable engine too. Yes, I am talking about the traffic and the ignorant drivers.

One day, while I was traveling from office, I witnessed the construction workers demolish the supporting structure which holds the horizontal portion of a flyover. The cops & the workers had formed a loosely bound human chain to block the vehicular traffic. A maniac biker, squeezed his way through two workers literally hurting their spread out arms. Seeing this a cop came over to check out the situation & two cars squeeze their way through the vacant cop's spot. All this happened in a span of seconds & just when the drivers were through, the supporting structure came down with a thud.

These are situations where I believe in the force of prayer. I don't see any other reason as to why the supporting structure didn't fall on the biker or on the cars. And, if it had fallen on them, who would have been blamed - "the authorities" and/or the construction company.

Yes, I was waiting for this newspaper article to write this blog!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment