Thursday, July 14, 2011

INKED!!!

After brewing it for 12 years, I was finally able to implement it today. Yes! I got a tattoo. My daughter is super excited seeing it & she is showing it off on my behalf.

Whenever I think of tattoo, the image that pops in my mind was that of people covered in ink. Something that reminded me of fish's scales, which discouraged me. And, then there was the pain factor to be considered.

One of my close friend had her hand tattooed (have to use 'hand' coz major part of it is covered in colors :) ). From her, I was able to get that it does pain, but it can be tolerated. But ... Hey! I am a mother, I have had a C-section & I have gone through the feeding process. If I can survive these two, I can definitely survive a tattoo!

But the loud designs still did nothing to encourage me. I am loud enough for myself. I didn't want my tattoo to scream as well ... :) That was when I saw her at a mall. I was waiting for my turn for the trail room & the girl in front of me had a cute tattoo. It was just an inch or two big AND was in black. So, tattoos can be monochromatic!

The last bit to gain some clarity was the design & location. I wanted something that I would feel comfortable wearing for the rest of my life. Yes, it didn't happen over night. But it did happen. And the final question - where? Being an Indian, that too from Kerala, I had to hunt for a place which wouldn't expand much. I understand there will be some sort of expansion, but somewhere the percentage is the minimal.

Today, I got my very first tattoo done. If you ask me, I would say, its zimble (simple), humble & a generic one O:-)

Epilogue :
This is just the first of the series, two more to go ....

6 comments:

  1. A tattoo is gutsy-ness inked with a needle. Admire you for following your heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buck ... dainx ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @rini ... thank you thank you .... you know what? its not that painful ... hee hee ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew you wanted to do a tattoo.

    ReplyDelete