Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Who is Snigdha?

While working on my earlier blog post, I stumbled upon the word Snighda. When I ask my friend, her face lights up & says,
'Its something good, but I do not know to explain it'.

Yes! This was what I was running behind all this while. Who knew I would be getting a detailed contextual meaning of this word from a guy I speak with for the very first time in my life. And of course... a bit of googling... O:-)

Google tells me Snighda means smooth & tender. It also means attractive. At one place I did find this meaning - Greasy, Oily, Pinguid.

Now how does that fit in our song?
Snighda in the song refers to not just a wet & oily hair. It also refers to that well oiled, greasy, smooth and fresh out of the shower types skin/body of the girl. This vision excited our protagonist & he was transported to his parallel universe.

PS.
This is poem. Your interpretation might be different from his. If you have a different version, leave a comment... I would really like to learn your view... :-)

Picture Courtesy : asianetindia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment