Sunday, April 14, 2013

Appropriate Response???

What is the best way to respond to a compliment? Thanks to a close friend who has observed me closely, I handle compliments.
am aware that I do not know to

Step 1 - Awareness - check

Ever since my friend's comment, I started observing myself during these situations. And I realize that I come up with some weird replies which throws them off. For example...

He: You have curly cute hair.
Me : Yes, I do. I am a Lee... MalyaLee

He : Has anyone told you, you are beautiful?
Me : No, I haven't yet met any visually impaired person.

Well... At least now, I have learned to bite my tongue & swallow my replies.

Step 2 - Shut your mouth up - check

Now, can someone help me with step 3???

Step 3 - Appreciate the gesture in a polite manner - ???

No a mere "Thank You" is so not me :-(

Picture Courtesy : explorelifecoaching.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment