Friday, August 26, 2011

zimble question ....

People say I carry my heart on my sleeves. I can already see you guys nodding your head in agreement. Now, you can imagine the amount of effort I have to take inorder to answer kiddo's questions without overwhelming her. I need to work on the right choice of words, right emotion to the tone and the right amount of complexity for a 5yr old to understand.

Yesterday, we were having our evening dose of musik and dance. Thats when I play her choice of Bollywood songs on YouTube & she gets to watch, sing & dance along. We came upon the song Senorita from Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara. 

Kiddo {busy watching the song & trying to keep up with the actors in dancing} : There are only 3 boys and looooots of girls!! Why do they like all the girls?
Me : Because .... THEY ARE BOYS!!!!!

I would say this was the simplest of the questions she has ever asked me .... :)

Picture Courtesy : in.movies.yahoo.com

2 comments:

  1. Do not think this is the right way to answer a kid. She would never trust a guy! She should be given the space to think on her own, and let her never be misguided.

    ReplyDelete