Thursday, August 23, 2012

unniappams

Nothing sells like a batch of freshly made unniappams. As a child, I was more fascinated with the batter than the unniappams. Sometime during the growing up stage, I fell out of love with these small round cakes. This was later introduced to me by 'tpr amma' (kiddo's dad's mom). My command over language is not strong enough to express what I feel when she makes unniappams for me... :)

I have always considered these small yummy round cakes as something extremely complicated to make.... Something that was exclusively reserved... which only the earlier generations of mommies could make... that I was not meant to attempt due to my lack of patience.... Until I read this blog of my friend. She made unniappam sound sooo simple that even I could dare to think about attempting.

Well..... after 3yrs of trial & error.... Kiddo tells me, "Ammaaa, you make yummy unniappams. Just like achamma's & ammamma's(her grans from both the sides)"

Yipppeeeeee!

Picture Courtesy : adukalavishesham.blogspot.in

No comments:

Post a Comment