Friday, August 31, 2012

Meditative Process

One day, when I dropped into my neighbor's home, they were having mangoes. She being a mom mom, offered me the mango she had 'prepared' for herself & took a fresh one out of the bunch.

I say prepared, because she patiently squeezes the mango before peeling it. If you cut this prepared mango, you will get a pure bliss in the form of thick pulpy mango.... Aaah! Slurrrp! She patiently did that for every single person in the room. I was unusually quiet during my visit. Where does she get the patience to do this for all in the room? That too before she had one for herself? Later, when I was thinking this out loud a friend said....

"It might be a meditative process for her."

I could feel myself stare at Him.... lost at 'meditative process'. How true!! It is never a task for her. Well, that knowledge did change my outlook on cooking. Now, I cook only when I feel the meditative need. Even when I prepared a very basic Sadhya for Onam at home, I was at peace with myself. Of course, I had all the support from my house elves ;)

Picture Courtesy : leenaeats.com

No comments:

Post a Comment