Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Malang

Ever since I made this my new status I have been asked, 'What is Malang?'. Well... here is the story...

I came across this word while listening to the promos of the song 'Malang' from the movie Dhoom 3. The line that caught my attention was
"Malang malang dum ishq ishq hai malang mera"

And.... I go in search of Malang... :-)

As for its meaning... This is what I have decided to pick up...
"it's more or less about someone who doesn't much care about his surroundings"

PS.
After bumping into this word, I noticed that it features in many of the songs. I like this one in particular... Dhunki... I just love the way they go...
"O Malang Hua
Dil Ye Mera
Hai Mast Malang Hua
Dil Ye Mera"

Picture Courtesy : www.rferl.org

1 comment:

  1. my meaning for it wud be 'love that doesn't focuses on one' or rather 'uncommitted and unreliable love'. :-/

    ReplyDelete