Saturday, March 31, 2012

To try or attempt?

According to a friend, TRY is the word one uses when one is quite positive that the outcome is going to be negative. How many times have we heard someone say, 'I will try to come', never to see them on the promised date & location? I am not sure what else to call this new project of mine.

A close friend of mine who is an Art of Living activist wanted me to take part in the program - Yogathon - conducted by them. The target - 54sets of soorya namaskaar. In layman's term it translates to 108 soorya namaskaar. He shared me their 4 week training chart as well. He believes that I am active enough to achieve this feat in the speculated time. Well... I take one look at the training chart & I knew my body needs more time to reach that target, if it is to ever reach that target.

But more than reaching the target of 108 namaskaars, what excited me was the idea of doing something for yourself everyday. So, here I am ... promising myself that for the next three months .... I will keep working on my stamina, at a stable pace that my body can accommodate & keep increasing that count of soorya namaskaars. I am not stressed about the count 108. All I am asking myself is some commitment & dedication towards my promise.

Lets just watch this space to see how I am faring ... :)

Picture Courtesy : www.hindudevotionalblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment