Tuesday, September 8, 2009

into the loo ....


When I was being introduced to the 'real' my hubby, by his family, one thing caught my attention. That was his dad's 'handout' on his routines -

5 songs in the bathroom = morning rituals complete
another 6 songs = bathing complete
another 4 songs = hes all set to come out

Until I married, there weren't any guy living in the house. In my maternal home, the men of the house - my dad & my bro - who were working &/or studying outside Kerala, were mere visitors. So, I could never comprehend the 'need' to be in the bathroom for this long.

I thought, may be, my hubby is different ... after all he was brave enough to marry me! Now, that I have a larger circle of married friends, I get the same response from all the lady friends. Their guy spends more time in the loo than anywhere else!

Maybe, its a guy thing - may be they feel secure there?!?!? Like the algebraic formulas I was asked to accept, I am to accept these new formulas too. I remember, one of my aunts complaining about her son taking the newspaper to the loo. But, now as technology has progressed, they take PSPs & laptops to the loo. Oh! yes! whenever my hubby configures a wireless router, loo is the first place he checks for connectivity!!