Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hydraulic Force


"I was unable to transfer all my emotions into a verbal form, I guess thats why I cried", said I.

I was talking to a guy friend of mine, soon after I had patched up with my hubby after a week long fight. He asked me how I patched up, and my answer was - I don't know, I was confronting him & then I started crying. Maybe, my verbal skills were unable to match the rate at which the emotions were taking a ride. And, I burst into tears out of frustration for not being able to convert all these emotions into words!

The other day, someone else close to me had mentioned the same thing. They too patched up after she started crying. Now, thanks to 'Times of India', I know why. If you want to read the complete article, check the 'Banglore Times' dated Sept 23rd, 2009. They have an article titled, 'Crying is good for you'.

As per this article, crying is a highly evolved behavior. Tears give clues and reliable information about submission, needs & social attachments between one another! They also say that the 'efficiency' of crying depends on who we are with and the place we are at. That is, crying in office is not efficient .... Duh???!?!?!?

Fine! At least, the next time I cry amidst an argument & my husband gets irritated, I have an answer ... an actual answer that he would understand. But, my all time favorite definition for this process is ......
Tears : The hydraulic force by which masculine will-power is defeated by feminine water power.

Psst! Yes! this is how I get away with all the arguments. Otherwise, I don't see a reason why my marriage should have lasted this long!

No comments:

Post a Comment