Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The silent treatment ....

This is the story of He and She. It was her bday & he was trying everything to keep her on cloud 9. It was a Saturday & like every other working couple, this Saturday was also jam packed for them. Besides the routine tasks, she was to goto a famous mall for her bday lunch at location X(via A, L, M & N). And, he was go & arrange for that night's dinner party at location Y(via A, L, C & D). And, I, was eavesdropping on them ;)

This story unfolds at a place near his & her home....
He : I don't see your wallet, where is it?
She (the look) : --
He (a lil defensive) : I was asking this because, weren't you supposed to catch a bus to go and meet your friends.
There were some discussions on the POA as our final destinations were in different directions & we had only 1 car. We had a rough plan laid out while we crossed A.
He : How are you planning to pay for the lunch? I hope, you have sufficient money with you.
She (the look again) : --
He & Me came up with the final draft while we passed point L. We also decided on the child distribution plan - kids to stay with their respective mommies. We were a few meters away from C when she finally spoke ...
She (all smiling) : So, whats the plan now?
Me (proud to explain the foolproof plan) : We are now going to Y to order food. There is a bus stop near Y, its a major bus stop, so you will get all buses to all routes from this place.
She (screaming) : Aren't we going home now??!?!?!?? I don't have money, I am not dressed properly. Am I to take the baby in this dress?

Since I was the audience, I had all the authority to roll on the floor laughing.
He (all perplexed) : What was i repeatedly asking you all this while?
She (that angry look) : --

Someone was correct in saying, Men are from Mars & Women are from Venus. I would say, so are their communication methodology. All this while, she was using 'the look' to say, "Don't be stupid! Can't you see am not dressed for the occasion? I have to go home & change & a get a lot of other stuffs sorted out before I go out for lunch. "

I think, he was able to put her back on cloud 9(or at least a cloud 6) after a lil help from Me towards damage control.