Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sun's Clip

This is a snippet of the conversation my daughter had with me ....

Kido : Amma, which was that clip ... the sun's clip
Me : Sun's clip (duh???!?!?!? In my mind, I was frantically searching for the cartoon that shows Sun with a clip. Was it Chutti TV? I know their logo is some sun, but does that have a clip. None, that I know off. Oh! My God! Maybe, I should ask my daughter for more clues .... )
Me (again) : Which clip baby? Where did you see sun with a clip?
Kido
(now shes doing the patience act) : Ammaaa, you know the sun, the moon ... that clip
Me (still clueless) : Yes ... the sun ... the moon ... (gulp) the clip ... but when did u see that baby?
Kido (now a lil impatient) : Amma! the sun ... the moon ... they hide ... clip ... that clip ...

No prices for guessing what she was trying to say, but still you may try it. Just to get an idea on amount of mental exercise I am getting on a daily basis.

Well, the answer was eclipse!!!! Couple of days back, we had a solar eclipse in India. That day, while I was trying to get her ready for school, I had mentioned it to her. She asked a couple of questions & I tried to answer them as correctly as my poor memory would let me. I never realized that it would boomerang in the least expected manner!