Thursday, October 20, 2016

Reduction in Waste

After brooding over the concept for over 2 years, I finally bought a menstrual cup!!

Waste disposal in general has become an overhead in India. The dry & wet wastes are still okay to deal with. But the biological waste has been troubling me for quite some time. While I was voicing this out loud to a friend, she gave all the encouragement to go with the cup. And, I was really surprised to see the number of people who have converted to cups for the very same reasons.

And I have to admit one thing here.... The reduction in waste is just impressive. I still am awed at that. If I, a single person can induce this amount of waste reduction...... imagine how happy our mother earth would be when more of us start converting...... :-)

And its not as messy or inconvenient as people imagine them to be. In fact, I would say it is much cleaner that the conventional methods I was stuck at the thought of having an external synthetic particle inside me for that long a duration. Yes Judges! Before you start smirking... The duration too has to be taking into account.

The line that tipped me into doing it??? That was a classic line by my friend....
"Hands of 4 hospital staff were inside my body while giving birth to my child. When I think of that, this is just nothing!!"

:-)

Picture Courtesy : putacupinit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment