Monday, May 11, 2015

Treaty

Treaty Continued...

She {in a matter of fact tone}: You know what my brother used to do before we left for our native during summer vacations?
Kiddo {teary eyed, but curious}: No
She {continuing in that tone}: He used to draw up a treaty. Our parents would get us 2 sets of toys so that we would not fight over toys once we are in our native. But, I am me. I would still play with his. He never liked that. So... Before we left... He used to draw a treaty... It used to list who all owned which all toys. He would also include a penalty.
Kiddo {
wiping her tears}: Penalty?
She : Yes... Penalty... If I played with his toy, I would have to do something for him in return. If I destroyed his toy, I will have to give him one of mine.
She {Pausing for a moment for Kiddo to consume it}: Shall we draw up a treaty? A treaty between you & your Amma?
Kiddo {without even hesitating}: Yes!

To Be Continued.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment