Friday, July 5, 2013

sankalpa mandaram thaliridum

A friend, who knows exactly how to irk me says.... "Okay... I will give you something to do. 'sankalpa mandaram thaliridum'... Let me see what you make out of this line" and he walks away with a smug look{or so I imagined}.

Every one has their own way of writing their language in English, which implies that the spelling will never match. Adding to that woe, my command over any language is pathetic. Thanks to these facts, it took me 2 people to actually nail this song - one to help me figure out the exact song and the other to explain the meaning in a nutshell. 

What did I learn from this exercise? Are there genuinely these many jobless people? The volume of people are into music & lyrics & its feel? Everybody needs a change in routine? Whoever I pinged, dropped everything they were doing, and helped me find this one song & its meaning.... :-) I know I am not doing any justice to the rush I felt when they responded to me in this entry... But it was great... :-) 

Anywayz... back to the song now... I love the way he goes 'Aarumariyathee'... 

PS. 
If you want me to make corrections to the translations/meaning... Either put it in the comments section or buzz me with the corrections... :"-) 






Lyrics from www.lyricswale.com 
Um...lala...aha.. 
Papapama ririni nisarigamagari garisa
Ponmurali oothum kaatil eenamaliyum pole
Panchamam thedum kuyilin thaalamiyalum pole
Kanavil ozhukaam bhavamaay aarumariyaathe
Ponmurali oothum kaatil eenamaliyum pole
Panchamam thedum kuyilin thaalamiyalum pole
//This translation will not to any poetic justice... But you can get the gist of it. 
Like the tune from the golden flute that fills the wind...
Like the heart beats of the cuckoo that is in search of the panchamam (a musical note pa)... the poet is explaining a state of bliss...

Maaranuzhiyum peeli viriyum maari mukilurukumbol(2)
Thirakalil thirayaay nurayumbol kanchukam kulire murukumbol
Pavizhamaa maaril thirayum njaan aarumariyaathe
//The man is searching for the pearl in the bossom of his lover... as she is aroused when he touches her sensuously and she becomes wet... and in that state.. even her kanchukam(mordern day bra) becomes tight due to the excitement. 

Ponmurali oothum kaatil eenamaliyum pole
Panchamam thedum kuyilin thaalamiyalum pole
//Like the tune from the golden flute that fills the wind...
Like the heart beats of the cuckoo that is in search of the panchamam (a musical note pa)

Lalalalala... lalala...
Sankalppa mandaram thaliridum raasa kunchangalil(2)
Kumkumam kavarum sandhyakalil azhakile azhakaay alayumbol
Kaanmu naam arike shubha kaalam aarumariyaathe
Ponmurali oothum kaatil eenamaliyum pole
Panchamam thedum kuyilin thaalamiyalum pole
Kanavil ozhukaam bhavamaay aarumariyaathe
Thamthana... lalala... 
//When thoughts are so erotic they become a mantra... and when the man owns his lover in the evening.s..its beauitufl... they see a bright time ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment