Friday, May 24, 2013

Reached?

Since I was trained to be a GI Jane, everybody knew I will reach my destination correctly. Destination not in a philosophical manner, but an actual geographical destination. But when I slowly started showing traits of an attached barbie, my questions were shot down with responses like, 'If we haven't you will be informed'.

I used to be awed by an elder cousin of mine. Whenever he leaves point A to point B, he WILL ring folks back at point A & inform them that he has reached point B safely. If he is delayed for some reason, he would inform point A about that too. Whenever I am with this cousin & witness this conversation, I used to wonder... Does anyone have the time to actually care so much about other people these days? Are people actually concerned over this?

Apparently, there is a finite percentage of people who really are concerned and who takes time out of their schedule to get to know that... Or so I believe....

I, initially, used to be irked whenever I get the message 'Reached?' on my mobile. I am GI Jane, I do not need these things. I was not trained to handle this because I will never have to face such a situation because I am GI Jane. But then as my life went on its roller coaster ride, I started appreciating these gestures... :-) I use this message as a yard stick. If I haven't reached where I was supposed to reach when this message flashes on my cell phone... I know I have taken a wrong turn.....

PS.
These days, when I leave my cousin's company, I make sure that I call him back when I reach my destination.

Picture Courtesy : www.trickstrack.com

No comments:

Post a Comment