Sunday, January 15, 2012

women liberation??

On Makara Jyothi, I had been to an Ayyappan Temple with a couple of friends. Like any special occasion related to the temple, this day too had lot of stalls near by. Since I had lost my prayer book, I stopped at one of the book stalls to check for its availability. While I was searching for my special prayer book, the person in charge of the book stall handed me the book - Vanitha Vimochanavum Hindu Sthreethvayum (Women Liberation and Hindu Womenhood).

To be honest, I was taken aback by this gesture of his. I just couldn't stop thinking, what could have been his thought process behind this action? Do I look like someone who needs help with the liberation part? Did he think that I could relate to what is written in this book? Did he think I need help relating to other Hindu women? Now, I would never know. And for some strange reason, I am happy speculating about the various possibilities rather than have had asked him & received a finite answer.

Picture Courtesy : comiccoverage.typepad.com

No comments:

Post a Comment