Friday, May 5, 2017

Birds of the same feather!!

"Do you have any curfew? I would like to go out, wanted to know whether you are free to accompany me. " Asks a 37yr old divorcee staying with her mom in Kerala to a 35yr old separated female staying with her mom in Kerala at 5.30 in the evening.

She : There is no curfew as such. But if I do not reach home by 6.30pm, mom will start nagging. 
Me : Yeah! I have a similar one at home. That was the reason why I asked whether you have to be home by a speculated time. 

We exchange an exasperated silence & then we laughed at the irony of things. 

As the clocked ticked... We ended up saying this to each other... 

Me : Can you step inside the house so that mom knows that I am out with a girl. 
She : Can we take a picture for me to show mom that I was indeed out with a girl. 

Aaha! 

Picture Courtesy : www.recapo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment