Thursday, June 2, 2016

A Twist in the Tale

The narrator started narrating a story....

There was this parish priest. He had immense faith in his Lord. The place where his monastery was situated was hit with heavy rains & the entire place was flooding up. {At this point, I started getting excited. I had figured out the moral of the story and I was going... Ayam the answer! Ayam the answer! Of course, he ignored me & continued with his story}. When it started flooding, he started praying to his Lord to save them. People came running to the priest & requested him to leave the monastery while he still had the chance. The priest politely refused & continued to pray.

As the water levels rose, the priest moved to places above the water levels. After some time, a few people came down in a boat & requested the priest to join them. He refused again. In a short while, the entire building was immersed in water and the priest had reached the top most floor of the building. This time, rescue came in form of helicopters. This time too he refused. Finally, the priest was drown to death.

The priest goes to Heaven. In Heaven, he meets God. The priest goes wild with God, "I have been your faithful servant & you did not save me.". To which the God responds, "You fool! It is not possible for me to personally come & tell you, I am God I have come to save you. Instead I entrust people to do my bidding. You being a fool refused to accept my help."

{At this point, I was over joyed. I drew up the correct conclusion. Yippeee...

But then the narrator continued with no change in tone.... }

Likewise, God is not going to come to you & say, "Lakshmi, this is where you have to go." Instead he has entrusted me with that job. I will provide for the rest of your life & your child's life. I will take care of you & your child for the rest of my life. Both of you will have a secure life even after I pass away.

I do not know what else would have been taken care off or how because I was running faster than light... in the opposite direction!!! As every one knows... light travels faster than sound!!!

Picture Courtesy : www.crank101.com

No comments:

Post a Comment