Monday, December 10, 2012

Forgetfulness

A friend once said, "The greatest boon that man has ever been gifted with is his forgetfulness!"

I was moved by this statement. But is it really good, especially one can't remember a thing from their life 10yrs back? Or further back?

Yea.... that has been my situation every time I speak with an old friend. Every time he narrates a funny incident during our gay days, I can see myself racking my brain out to place this incident. Thats when I realized... I DON'T REMEMBER A THING!!!!!!

Its been a few days now. And, I am still trying to remember... What the heck was i doing in school & college to miss out on all these things???? Those days, bunking was never an option. So, yes... I have attended my school & college without failure. Which implies I was at the scene. But... how is it that I cannot remember anything???

Was I so self obsessed, even in those days, that I didn't see anything beyond me??

Ouch!

Picture Courtesy : www.vinyl-reflections.com

No comments:

Post a Comment