Saturday, October 15, 2011

why not cry it out?


Recently, I had been in an hospital where an old relative took her last breath. I was in the hospital till all the formalities were dealt with. During that period, I witnessed both the female & male members of the immediate family breaking down. The deceased was their grandmother & they were really close to her. This was a natural human response - cry out loud.

What surprised me was the response from the rest of the crowd, including the non-family members. They hurriedly come to them. Seeing the urgency I was expecting some comforting words. But what came out their vocal chords just took me by surprise. Every single person present there wanted them to stop crying. According to them, crying is a demonstration of weakness. Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!

Picture Courtesy : www.advertolog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment