Tuesday, February 7, 2017

108

Me : Should we give it a try? Lets not worry about the final count, just give it a try. Like this was an experiement?? Should we?
Kid1 : Okay
Kid 2 & 3 too agreed.

It was the day after Rathasapthami. I was leading an asana session for children. This conversation happened while I was explaining the significance of Rathasaptami. We just decided to give a try at 108 Surya Namaskar. Just a trial... A personal enquiry. The kids were never trained to do a 108. The aim was not to complete 108 rounds, but to look inside and find out.... How far we can go, Are we bound by our own limitations etc.

The result??? Ooooo... One completed 108, One came close to 90 and the other around 70. The smile on their faces... Extremely humbling experience :-)

Their happiness did inspire me to participate in the 108 conducted in our community. This wouldn't be the first time I am doing a 108. I know that I can still do it. I was not planning to spend time on something I already knew. But the smile on the children's face did inspire me to pick my mat & walk to the ground.

Kiddo too had promised to join me. When she picked her yoga mat, I had mentally prepared myself to listen to her wailing around 20th round. Well... She did surprise me by completing 108 without any complain. Okkay... According to her... 107.5. In her defense, she was tired towards the end. I had asked her to sit down until she is ready to continue. She did initially sit down, but the crowd's energy made her jump up & continue. So.... she completed her 107.5 & I my 108. This is to our first 108 :-)

Picture Courtesy : www.parents.com

No comments:

Post a Comment