Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Serving Food

My Grandmother used to say, 'Vallolu vechalum, Nallolu vilambanam'. Which roughly translates to, irrespective of who cooks, the good and pleasant one should serve it. This was just a saying until I watched her....

One day, a friend of ours had stayed back for dinner. After being done with the cooking, I transfered the cooked food on to the serving dishes, put them on the table & sat down to eat with the rest of the gang.

And.... I just watched her in action with a gaping mouth... The manner in which she served the food. The good emotion that was carried by her.. The effort she took to serve what people liked.. The smile on her face.. The way she spoke while serving food.... Uff!

That was when I completely understood what my Gran had been trying to tell all this while. And, I realize... I can only look up in awe & admiration.....

Picture Courtesy : www.foodyhomes.com

2 comments:

  1. well same thing can be applied,while cooking food also.

    Food cooked with love, have a different taste by itself. ;)-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my experience... The presentation is what matters... Neither the emotions/effort that goes in while cooking nor the taste...

      Unless packaged properly... All that goes into the drain.

      Now its upto you whether to flush it down the drain or leave it unattended & allow it the decay & stink... ;-)

      Delete