Friday, October 26, 2012

crack the acceptance

"You should learn to accept things/people as they are!"

I used to always feel uneasy with this statement. Like everyone else, I too believed that it was my ego that made me run when someone made this suggestion. That was until I read this bit from an article by SSRS.....


Acceptance is also negative. You accept that which is not lovable. Tolerance and acceptance come with judgment and separation. These words which are used, tolerance and acceptance are thought to be positive. I say they are not.

I guess the idea that acceptance is a form of compromise that was making me uneasy. It was like, this is not the bestest of the situation, but its okay, this will do for now.

So now.... it is SSRS certified.... it was not a mere ego that was holding me back.... ;-)

Picture Courtesy : Ramana's Musings

2 comments:

  1. You missed the full knowledge point. Half knowledge is always dangerous.


    Question: But aren't we supposed to accept people as they are?

    If you don't love them, then you have to accept them.

    *DON'T ACCEPT PEOPLE AS THEY ARE. JUST LOVE THEM AS THEY ARE.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am talking abt my discomfort with the concept "accept things/people as they are!"

      But yes, should love them as they are.... long way to go... :-)

      Delete