Thursday, December 29, 2011

do it yourself ....

There were two things I could never comprehend doing alone - eating & watching movie in a theater.

I enjoy food the best when the dinning table is overcrowded ... :) All the people, the varied topics that come up for discussions, the laughter, the wine .... I need it all. Otherwise, I am reminded of office cafeteria where you gulp down the food & get back to work. Movie watching for me translates to those days when my brother would books tickets in huge figures & we all have a mini-picnic :)

A friend of mine & at times my brother used to watch movies all by themselves. And I used to wonder, how could someone ever do that. If someone asks me, I would say, that is exactly why we have television & entertainment unit at home. For me, watching movie in a theater is about all the people around.

Recently, I ended up watching a movie AND eating alone. And quite surprisingly, I didn't miss the crowd :) But yes, I still am not sure whether I would like to make a habit out of it. I would still love to have all those people while going for a movie. But watching a movie of your choice, when you want it and with no-one around asking, 'What did he say? What did she say?" is also good :)

Picture Courtesy : parentsconnect.com

No comments:

Post a Comment